Question

Airstream with Sonos

• 20 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi
I’d like to take my Sonos One with necwhen I travel in my RV but I’m not sure what I need to do to make this easy - I don’t want to have to keep setting up a new system at either end of my vacation!
Thanks
John.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Most often for these kinds of situations, the collective mind here recommends a travel router. You can set it up to be the same as your home SSID, so that your speakers just connect automatically to it when they're in your RV, and then you can connect the travel router to whichever wireless system each park has. The side benefit is that even if there's no signal where you're camping, you'd still be able to play the music on your phone, since it would also connect to that travel router's wifi signal, and hence on to your Sonos system.
Badge
Hi
Thanks so much that sounds great. There is a small WiFi unit in the van - how do I get it to mimick my home router? Sorry I’m old.....
It's ok, I'm old too.

To be honest, I'd avoid the WiFi unit in the van completely, unless you know what it is and have the manual handy (and if it's an actual travel router, rather then a standard router).

I'd go with a travel router. Something that you can have quick access to the instructions.
Badge
That’s good advice! Thanks ever so much. John.