Answered

Airplay with Non Sonos Speakers

• 26 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I am wondering if I can play Bose Airplay 2 enabled speakers with Sonos Beam in multi room play settings. I have Sonos Beam and Bose Speakers with AirPlay 2 capability in other rooms. 

Thank you 

Harp

icon

Best answer by BCvEt 26 February 2020, 02:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

That’s more of an Apple question than a Sonos question. I do know you can select more than one target speaker in AirPlay 2, but I’ve always avoided doing it, concerned about Wi-Fi bandwidth available on my phone. And I don’t know if there’s any processing time for Sonos to decode the AirPlay 2 signal, or frankly, for Bose to do it. Why not try, and report back your findings?

Thanks Bruce! 

Yes, I can select both Sonos Beam and Bose SoundTouch 30(Airplay 2 enable with latest firmware update) when using iPhone music app. However what I would like to know is if I am using Sonos App and playing music or TV sound via Beam, can I play that music in the other rooms using AirPlay enabled Bose speakers as well. Again thanks for your time 

Again, that’s more of an Apple question. Just select both the Sonos speakers and the Bose speakers in the AirPlay 2 menu, and see what happens. 

Oh, I think I understand. You’re trying to use AirPlay 2 to get something from within the Sonos system, such as your TV input, and use AirPlay 2 to get that to the Bose. No, that’s not possible, as the Sonos system is running inside the speakers, and not in your phone. There’s nothing that you can AirPlay to the Bose. You would only be capable to AirPlay to both systems, not from the Sonos to the Bose. 

Thanks again. That’s what I thought.  I think if I have Sonos speakers then it will work.