Answered

Would the Sonos Era 300s work well as rear surrounds in this kind of condo living room?

• 22 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I currently use Play 1s as my surrounds with the arc and sub gen 3. I live in a condo and have an open concept floor plan with the dining room to the left of the sofa. I heard that the era 300s rely on bouncing sounds off the walls. Would it be better to stick with what I have now or would the era 300 still be an upgrade?

This is a picture of the room 

icon

Best answer by etgeary 22 August 2023, 20:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

The Era 300s rely on the side walls to reflect sound from its outside side-firing drivers. But the inside- and upward-firing drivers should work just fine with your setup.

Sonos has a 45-day return policy. I would get the Era 300s and test them out for yourself. That is the only way to know for sure if they will work with your room setup.

They’ll sound great. Pull your couch out just a bit, Put one in the corner and on the other side of the couch. I’d recommend the stands for your setup. The ceilings are at a perfect height for both the Arc and ERA 300’s. Ideally, it would be best to put both ERA 300’s near walls, but I think after you finish Trueplay, you will be very happy. As Guitar Superstar said, the best way is to try them. Sonos return policy is no questions asked for 45 days.