Wired speakers throughout the house how can Sonos

• 11 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Just moved into a new house with speakers throughout, walls and ceiling. They decided to leave me some equipment (see attached) and set it up so all the wires come out in the same place(also attached photo) Is there a SONOS product that can help me simplify this? I am fine getting rid of the equipment.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

The Connect Amp is specifically designed for this use but it would depend upon the number and power requirements of the speakers within each zone:

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/connectamp.html
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
How many speakers do you have ? The Connect Amp wires up to 4, so you may need a couple. If the current equipment works and wires all of the speakers, you may consider the Sonos Connect (so not the Amplified version) and connect that to the receiver(s).
I use ZP120’s to drive speakers in our kitchen and bathroom. Works fine but disappointed that the product hasn’t been updated in around 10 years and therefore doesn’t support some of he newer features released from Sonos such as supporting Airplay. Sonos seem focused of playbar products and updating stand alone speakers but seem to have abandoned products which required wired speakers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I use ZP120’s to drive speakers in our kitchen and bathroom. Works fine but disappointed that the product hasn’t been updated in around 10 years and therefore doesn’t support some of he newer features released from Sonos such as supporting Airplay. Sonos seem focused of playbar products and updating stand alone speakers but seem to have abandoned products which required wired speakers.

Hi

The old hardware doesn't have the capabilities to support Airplay2 but you can utilise Airplay2 on your existing components with one new device. e.g. a Sonos One