Answered

Will accessories for Play:1 also work for One SL?

• 1 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I'm about to go ahead with upgrading my Play:1 in favour of the One SL. They look pretty much the same, so does anyone know if the speaker stands that I have for my Play:1 will fit just the same for the One SL?

I've tried searching, but only seem to come up with the most inappropriate of answers!

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by fortuner 1 November 2021, 23:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Play:1 speaker stands that I have (made by Flexson) screw into a screw hole in the speakers. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think the One has such a screw hole. So I doubt that you could use your stands.

Although this can sometimes depend on the stand/accessory design, the two speakers are different and have different fixings - just as a simple example there’s a mount screw fixing in the rear of the Play:1 which you won’t find on the Sonos One SL.

I would perhaps check with the manufacturer of the stand.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The Play:1 speaker stands that I have (made by Flexson) screw into a screw hole in the speakers. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think the One has such a screw hole. So I doubt that you could use your stands.

The stands I have are also made by Flexson, but there's no screw to hold them in place at all.They just sit nicely on the top and are reasonably held in place.

Here's a few pictures…

Flexson adjustable stand.
Flexson stand… speaker sits nicely on top without any fixings.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Although this can sometimes depend on the stand/accessory design, the two speakers are different and have different fixings - just as a simple example there’s a mount screw fixing in the rear of the Play:1 which you won’t find on the Sonos One SL.

I would perhaps check with the manufacturer of the stand.

It looks like I have now answered my own question. Having found a picture of the bottom of the One/SL speaker and compared it to my Play:1 you can clearly see that they look identical! :smiley:

Here’s a few pictures…

My Play:1
The One/SL.