why is stock so low and yet you continue to send emails regarding fast and free shipping.

• 23 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Dear Sonos

being a huge investor into your system I decided it was time to upgrade into the garden.

I looked at the outdoor indoor set and thought that would work.

the shipping date for this is end of July.  That is 8 weeks away - of course I can purchase from your retailers that seem to have plenty of stock.

so I thought maybe I should move to the amp and sonance speaker set and this also has shipping in the distant future.

I contacted customer service who said demand was high and they are unable to fulfil orders.

this morning I received two emails from you.. ‘fast and free shipping’. This is clearly not correct as fast is really next day, even next month would be better than two.

the second email was regarding high demand on the move and get the last few items, before this email you had an 8 week wait list.

my question is why can’t you be honest and tell people what the issue is?

Do you think it is right to give the wrong information to your customers?

frustrated buyer of your infrastructure 

6 replies

Userlevel 7

When Sonos says “fast and free shipping”, I believe they are referring to fast shipping when the item is in stock.

The Move is currently in stock on Sonos’ website.

Am I missing something…. it states shops 30th July

Userlevel 7

What time did you receive the email? It could have been in stock when the email was sent out.

I had a reply from Sonos stating that the move is the issue well before the email.  

my frustration is that I can get stock from there network, but I prefer to buy direct.

I just find it odd that the delays are so long, but they are still encouraging people with fast delivery.

not bitching as I can purchase elsewhere 

Seems Sonos has been out of stock for a while, and no reported stock for another 3 or more months.

Thinking to find a product family to replace Sonos…one with product in stock and good reviews.

Any recommendations (I.e. Denon, Bose)?

Frustrating is it.   Had bits on order for months and still not in stock.   I think I Bose is certainly a good alternative