Skip to main content

Hello community,

I am a Sonos fan. I currently have Sonos in 3 rooms, and i am expanding to the room 4 as part of a renovation.

I would like your feedback for this Whisky tasting room. The room will be 70% music and 30% TV Movie / Sports

Initially thought is to have a Beam below the TV and a pair on top of the door.

what are your thoughts on that pair. Eras 100 OR 300. Sonos Five or Sonos One (Still available at Costco)

Era 100.  The benefits of the Atmos on the Era 300s would be wasted in that location.

thanks. valid point. 

and between era 100 and sonos 1. 

thanks. valid point. 

and between era 100 and sonos 1. 

Era 100. They are essentially the new Sonos 1. 

Excellent advice thus far. Another option for a sound bar is the Sonos Ray. The only caveat is that it only connects via optical cable. I mention the Ray for less expensive price point and that the Beam2 is engineered for Dolby Atmos with movies. If Dolby Atmos is not a concern the Ray is an excellent choice for the room size. You do have the option to order from Sonos and return within a specified time frame if not satisfied. The other option is to order both and do a comparison. Just food for though.

BTW…the Sonos Five is not comparable to the Sonos One. The Five is way above the One as it is a full stereo speaker… Sonos flagship speaker for music.

The Five is much bigger than the Era 100 and a bit harder to mount overhead. I think you’ll be happy with the Era 100.

Thanks, happy with the Beam option

any opinion on the Five?

@ppaezr 

See my additional comments.

Thanks.

appreciated