Answered

which sonos speakers for new room

• 30 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Have a ledge in great room wall that is about 8 ft from floor.   I can place Sonos speakers on this ledge or install in wall sonance speakers connected to a Sonos amp at this same height.  The electrical is no problem for either solution as is running speaker wire for the in wall speakers.   My question is which speakers (2) will sound the best?   I know with the in wall speakers I can paint the grates and they will disappear, but will they sound as good as a pair of Era 300’s?  Will the Era 300 work well at that height? Or are they better down lower?

Moderator edit: changed “Euro” to “Era”

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 31 December 2023, 01:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I don’t recommend mounting in-wall speakers above a shelf. Is this a surround system?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you aren’t thinking of surrounds:

The Era 300s are better speakers than the in-wall, but at that height you’d not be able to use many of their features to the fullest. Era 100s might do almost as well.

If that high is the only option I’d lean to a pair of Fives mounted to angle down into the listening area.

In-wall at the proper height are going to give the best stereo image but likely be less capable than the Fives or 300s, pretty close to the 100s.

Before cutting holes for the in-wall I’d seriously consider the “IKEA picture frame” Sonos speakers.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/symfonisk-picture-frame-w-sonos-wi-fi-speaker-black-smart-40487320/