where to start for a home system

• 27 November 2023
  • 6 replies

I’m wanting to get my daughter and son in law something to start their home system with. Something they can use now and will go with the whole system.  What would everyone suggest? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

The Era 100 or Move 2 are two good speakers to start with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

For a lot more money a single Five, it will fill a larger room.

I’d still be tempted to get two 100s so you could set up a stereo pair. Depending on your ears that might sound better.

The Era 100 or Move 2 are two good speakers to start with.

They’ll be able to connect to a whole house system when the time comes? 

For a lot more money a single Five, it will fill a larger room.

I’d still be tempted to get two 100s so you could set up a stereo pair. Depending on your ears that might sound better.

The 100s will connect to a whole house system? 

A SONOS speaker can be used as an individual “Room”, identical speakers can be “Bonded” together as a stereo pair Room. Soundbars can be Bonded with smaller speakers as a surround Room. Portable speakers cannot be Bonded as surrounds. Rooms can be “Grouped” in any combination to play the same music.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The 100s will connect to a whole house system? 

Sonos Homes can have 30 some devices in each Sonos System and you could (but probably don’t want) multiple Sonos Systems.