Question

What to buy/ Where to start?

Ok, I'm interested in setting up a SONOS sound system throughout my house.

This is what I would like to accomplish.
Living Room: A good speaker connected to the TV. Which also could be used as a speaker for music from the SONOS system.
Game Room: A speaker connected to the SONOS System.
Backyard: A speaker connected to the SONOS System.
One thing is that I would like to have at least one speaker be able to connect to any music device and not use the SONOS app. I want friends to be able to come over and use their phone, or a DJ to use their system to connect to the SONOS system.

This is what I think I will need.
Living Room: SONOS sound bar.
Game Room and Backyard: One Play one, and one Play 5. The play 5 is necessary as it is the only device able to connect to using a 3.5mm jack.

Does this sound correct to you all?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

I never thought my post about a new speaker system would break out in a discussion about Brexit......

I love it...

Lol. As long as Brexit isn't affecting your sound quality:)
I never thought my post about a new speaker system would break out in a discussion about Brexit......

I love it...

Lol. As long as Brexit isn't affecting your sound quality:)

. I'm an American in Texas. The sound quality hasn't been messed up by Brexit or our USA situation. But my listening pleasure has.......

I'm really digging my play 5. The play 1 is ok. I'd love to have a few play 5's. But, it seems these days I want way to many things and I'm running out of cash. Especially for half a grand for a play 5...
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
It doesn't explain the same increase in the US. You can't use Brexit as an excuse

Oh no don't get me wrong, It's actually a blessing. I do use Brexit as an excuse to do all my online shopping in UK. Bought a brand new Sub for £450 ( without VAT) since I live outside the UK and love the bargains with a weak pound.