Answered

What stereo setup to choose

• 20 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I have a question. We are constructing a new house which has a medium/large kitchen area. I want a stereo setup in this kitchen. The speakers will have to be placed close to the ceiling (cannot do in-ceiling), the ceiling is quite high at 3,30m.

I’m considering a pair of ERA 100’s (mounted at around 3,20m height) combined with a Sub Gen3. However, I cannot find any info online about this setup. Is this not a suitable setup? Or will it work? Or what other setup would you advise?

Thanks in advance. 

Job

icon

Best answer by buzz 21 November 2023, 03:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

A pair of Era 100s or a pair of Fives should work well. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Yes should work even with Sonos subs 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

That room sounds big, I’d lean to a pair of Fives.

Once you have them then decide on a Sub, you might not need it.

Yes, a SUB will work with singles or pairs of these speakers.

It’s best to place the speakers symmetrically with respect to where you spend most of your time. It is often best to use two pairs of speakers. One pair near the preparation area (usually the noisiest area) and another covering a breakfast table. This will allow you to independently adjust the Volume of each area. Attempting to overpower the stove noise from across the room does not work well. Neither the food preparer or table listeners will be happy.

Yes, a SUB will work with singles or pairs of these speakers.

It’s best to place the speakers symmetrically with respect to where you spend most of your time. It is often best to use two pairs of speakers. One pair near the preparation area (usually the noisiest area) and another covering a breakfast table. This will allow you to independently adjust the Volume of each area. Attempting to overpower the stove noise from across the room does not work well. Neither the food preparer or table listeners will be happy.

Thanks all for your reply!

Since I do not have a kitchen table in my kitchen, I'm going to try the setup as I mentioned.