Answered

What happens to a current order (difference refunded, no action taken by Sonos, return and re-buy) when Sonos has dropped prices on their website less than a week after the order was placed?

• 30 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I placed an order for Sonos One, Beam, Move on Nov 24, 2020. Today (Nov 30, 2020) morning, Sonos dropped the price of One from C$ 249 to C$179 (perhaps for Cyber Monday, or maybe not...). My Sonos One got shipped on Nov 26th and delivered today. 

Obviously, I don’t want to pay $70 more for a product that I barely just purchased and is available everywhere (Sonos website, Amazon, BestBuy, etc.) at a cheaper price. 

I want to understand from other experienced users in the community as to what my options are at this point? Does/will Sonos match the price on my order to their own website’s (new/dropped) price and issue me a refund equal to the price difference? I was on the Chat with a support person this morning and they said they’ve sent my request for a price difference refund to the fulfillment team, with a Case#. I think the person hinted that this is possible and will be the course of action from Sonos, however, have not explicitly mentioned that to me anywhere. From the community’s collective experience, is that something that Sonos may do for my request (i.e. provide me with a price difference refund)?

I can always initiate a return on Sonos and purchase again from wherever I receive the earliest delivery date (and easiest return :) ), but that is inefficient and Sonos might lose my sale eventually. 

Thanks in advance for any help and opinions,

Rahul.

icon

Best answer by Rahul Bose 30 November 2020, 23:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Update from OP:

This is what I received from Sonos support:

"We can retroactively credit your payment method the promotion difference.

I will send the request to our finance team, so you should see the credit in 10-15 business days.
"

I must say I'm pleased with their support and policy. As a first time buyer, this goes a long way for me to be able to trust this company.