Wait for New Play 3 or Buy Sonos One's Now

Looking @ gifting a pair of Play 3's in my small living room that I use w/ my PlayBar to my son. Should I wait ? months to see what/if the Play 3 gets replaced with or go w/ a pair of Sonos One's?

FWIW I've had a pair of One's in my bedroom w/ a BEAM since last July & they sound good, so what's the collective's wisdom here?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Where are you going to get your Play 3 speakers, Sonos isn't selling them any more.

Waiting for a replacement may take a while, there is no sign of anything being planned.

As surrounds the Play 1s seem to make a lot of folks happy. Not sure in surround use that the Sonos One expense is worth it.
Stanley_4 wrote:

Where are you going to get your Play 3 speakers, Sonos isn't selling them any more.

Waiting for a replacement may take a while, there is no sign of anything being planned.

As surrounds the Play 1s seem to make a lot of folks happy. Not sure in surround use that the Sonos One expense is worth it.

Thx for the reply Stanley but I was looking @ buying a pair of One's to replace the Play 3's if I gift them to my son.

Re. the diff. in cost between the discounted Play 1's vs. the One's that's a subjective call no doubt but the pair of One's I use w/ my Beam do sound good IMO.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings