Vinyl setup with Sonos Play 3 and Audioengine HD3

• 19 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hey all,

I have a U-Orbit turntable with a built in Pre amp. I’ve been using them with AudioEngine HD3 speakers and have loved them for my smaller sized office.

I’m moving my setup to a larger room and was thinking of purchasing the Sonos Port to connect the HD3 speakers to my Sonos Play 3 speaker.

Has anyone done anything similar? Would there be a noticeable difference to connect all three speakers rather than going for either the Audioengines or Sonos by themselves?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

I would imagine the pair of AudioEngine speakers would sound better than a single Play:3, and all three speakers together would sound better than just the Play:3 or the AudioEngine speakers on their own.

FYI, the Play:3 would not actually be wired to the Port like the AudioEngine speakers would be. You would just “group” the Port/HD3s with the Play:3 in the Sonos app.

Awesome. Thanks for the tips. I wasn’t sure how the whole thing would set up (which speakers would be plugged into the Port). Much appreciated.