Answered

Using original cover for Sub

• 18 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Would be a problem using the original cover on SubG3 ?

I just want to keep it clean and protect it from dust. 

Thanks !

icon

Best answer by Kumar 19 December 2020, 02:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @D.S.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

I guess that's fine as long your not covering the middle hole of the sub. that's where the bass is coming from and for the air to freely flow when you're using it.

And what kind of cover do you have?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Hi  @Mark P 

Thank you for your valueable time ! 

I mean the cover that the Sub came in! Like this in the photo ! 

I also waiting for a cover from coloryoursound that actually doesnt have any hole at all … 

Any thoughts? Should i make a bigger whole myself?

Plus , what about the arc, should i use a cover to protect it from the dust?

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’ve seen designed for Sonos covers, Amazon had them among others.

A cover on the Sub makes sense more for protection from critters and children.

There is no need to make any holes - in fact, they defeat the purpose. As long as the cover is of thin woven material that allows air to pass, there will be no audible impact. Indeed, over time, there still will be dust accumulation, but not as fast as there would be with no cover. A plastic cover will prevent all dust, but will probably have an audible impact that may not be desirable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Unless used in a sawmill, does any Sonos need “protection from dust”?

Some of the world lives in places more exposed to dust than other parts of it and not all of us can live inside sealed homes 24/7; and keeping dust off to the extent possible is easier than cleaning kit that has layers of accumulated dust sitting on it.