upgrading surround

• 15 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Can anyone assist with my upgrade questions? I currently have a 5 speaker surround set in living room as well as a single “One” (not hooked up with tv) and a connect - that connects my amp and surround speakers to my other Sonos speakers thru the house. I want to streamline all the devices as I currently have the amp/receiver, subwoofer, Apple TV, ps3 (only using rarely to play a DVD) and the Sonos connect . Should I just purchase one soundbar non Sonos and hook up to current sub woofer and the Sonos connect? But then I would still require my amp for the connect? Or get a Sonos beam or other and one more “one” and then use existing sub woofer (not sure I can) and get rid of all other equip? I did spend a lot on the “connect” though but don’t want all this equip. 

Any advice is much appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

To be honest, as someone who is trying to have less clutter and wires my recommendation would be get a Sonos sound bar of your choice, one more One then add the sub. I don’t have any experience with the amp or connect. Someone else can certainly chime in with advice on what to do with those. 

Thanks for this! Do I need to use the Sonos sub or use of existing one will work ?

Thanks for this! Do I need to use the Sonos sub or use of existing one will work ?

I do not want to give you wrong information as I do not own a Sonos connect or amp. But I feel like you cannot have a Sonos soundbar (playbar, beam or Arc) connected to a 3rd party sub through a Sonos amp. I know you can run the sub within a wireless speaker set through the amp, but once its connected to a soundbar using Arc/eArc HDMI I don’t think they stay paired up.   Take what I said with a grain of salt, I have never tried this. I am sure there are other threads on this topic, it would be worthwhile to search / dig through them sometime. 

Ok thank you I really appreciate your reply