Question

TV setup with sonos and speaker wires in separate room

• 24 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello

I have a question that I hope that I can describe over this medium. I have attached a picture to help

I have a Samsung Frame TV that I have put into a room in a new house. The house came with Sonace speakers that are built into the house. The wires for the speaker do not go to the TV anymore. Is there a way to connect these speakers to a Sonos AMP and the TV to and AMP and use these speakers for the TV? ( see pic)

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @razac, welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community. We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this.

Connect Sonos Amp to your TV to create the ultimate entertainment system. If your Samsung Frame TV has an HDMI ARC port, you can connect the HDMI cable directly to the TV’s HDMI ARC port. If your TV doesn’t have an HDMI ARC port, you can use the optical adapter to the HDMI cable and connect it to the TV’s optical digital OUT port. Please see the Sonos Amp product manual for more information.

The Sonos Amp has been designed to power up to three pairs of Sonos Architectural (Sonance) speakers on a single Sonos Amp. We recommend using a wire that is 16ga or larger. For the in-wall and in-ceiling speakers, we recommend using wire rated to be buried inside of walls and ceilings. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. We are always happy to help out.