Answered

Turntable comparison for 2 Pro-jects on Sonos site

• 4 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m new to the turntable market. Want to purchase a turntable and Five. 

1) What is your opinion on the quality difference between the 2 sold thru Sonos... Pro-ject T1 and Debut Carbon Esprit? I realize turntable components can be upgraded. I place a high emphasis on sound quality. Is the DC Esprit that much better or would a couple minor upgrades on the T1 make it comparable? Lots of opinions out there on the Sumiko Rainier vs Ortofon 2M Red  

2) Do both come with a built-in preamp?

3) Is the non-Sonos Esprit the same thing minus the logo? Can’t image the Sonos logo alone adds $50. Thought I read somewhere the non Sonos version doesn’t have a preamp. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 March 2021, 10:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ccgegg 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

1) What is your opinion on the quality difference between the 2 sold thru Sonos... Pro-ject T1 and Debut Carbon Esprit? I realize turntable components can be upgraded. I place a high emphasis on sound quality. Is the DC Esprit that much better or would a couple minor upgrades on the T1 make it comparable? Lots of opinions out there on the Sumiko Rainier vs Ortofon 2M Red  

I personally can’t help you on this one - I’ve heard neither. I’m sure someone in the Community can help with how each one sounds, though a straight-up comparison may be tricky as someone would need to own both. Let’s see.

2) Do both come with a built-in preamp?

3) Is the non-Sonos Esprit the same thing minus the logo? Can’t image the Sonos logo alone adds $50. Thought I read somewhere the non Sonos version doesn’t have a preamp. 

Yes, both come with a Pre-Amp as Sonos requires it. The non-Sonos Esprit does not come with a Pre-Amp, so you’re correct - they make no mention of a pre-amp here: https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/debut-carbon-esprit-sb-dc/

I hope this helps.