Answered

Trade in program

• 18 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Just want to check my understanding….

As I understand it, there currently isn’t a trade in programme is there?

It’s simply a straight forward 15% discount (if you register that you might want to upgrade) - you don’t actually trade your device in or send it off, and it’s not bricked any more? 

Is that correct?     

So if you register 1 device, or register 5 devices, you’ll get 15% of anything you order - so pointless registering more than one device?

and, once you have registered your devices for upgrade, you can’t cancel it can you?  I might have accidentally registered, not appreciating that there was no way back…  I just wanted to see the prices and options!

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 18 December 2021, 20:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

It’s an Upgrade Program, not a trade-in program. You will receive a discount credit on a new Sonos product with EACH eligible product you own. So if you have two eligible products, you can receive two discount credits.

You can keep your old product. It will not be bricked.

Read the content on this page, particularly the FAQ and Terms & Conditions.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/upgrade

Userlevel 7

So if you register 1 device, or register 5 devices, you’ll get 15% of anything you order - so pointless registering more than one device?

and, once you have registered your devices for upgrade, you can’t cancel it can you?  I might have accidentally registered, not appreciating that there was no way back…  I just wanted to see the prices and options!

Sets are included within the upgrade offer, so registering 1 device can result in 15%* off multiple products when purchased as a Set (ie. Entertainment Set with an Arc and Sub) but if you added an Arc and Sub to your basket separately, that would require two upgrade credits for the discount to be applied to both.

Once you have agreed to upgrade a device you cannot cancel it. The upgrade credit however does not expire.

The upgrade credit cannot however be used when the new Sonos product is already discounted. 

If you have already registered a device, you should already see the lower price within the Shop, when you are signed into your Sonos account.

You can also see any upgraded devices under the following link:
https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/offers/upgrade/

Under the section “Upgraded” this will show devices previously upgraded and whether the credit has been used or is still available for each device listed.

*30% off upgrade credit also available from certain devices

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Yeh, alas none of my devices will give me 30% it seems, which is partly why I clicked to accept the upgrade offer - to see if they did.  I should have waited :(  Ah well, will just have to actually go through with my upgrades at some point then!  I guess it also means you can sell your old device on, possibly for more than a trade in would have given you.