To Beam or not to Beam that is the question

• 5 July 2018
  • 5 replies

Hello, I'm very interested in the new Sonos Beam as I've read some excellent reviews. My room is roughly 5 metres (16 feet) square. Obviously, we sit reasonable close to our 47" TV. Will the Beam have enough audio power to be effective? I know this is a very new product but Sonos doesn't appear to provide power figures. Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
For a 5 sq/m room it should have no issue. It most likely good up to a 12sq/m room.
Agreed. It's starting to be displayed in electronics stores, so perhaps you can have an early listen and see for yourself.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Hello, I'm very interested in the new Sonos Beam as I've read some excellent reviews. My room is roughly 5 metres (16 feet) square. Obviously, we sit reasonable close to our 47" TV. Will the Beam have enough audio power to be effective? I know this is a very new product but Sonos doesn't appear to provide power figures. Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

Hi
You mean 5 meters x 5 meters or 5 square meters?
Hi,

I meant 5 metres x 5 metres.

Thanks.
Userlevel 1
I had a chance to listen to a beam recently and the power that comes out of such a small box is impressive. If you can't find a Beam to listen to imagine a playbar with a slightly narrower soundstage and 15% less bass and you have the beam. While you can crank up the Playbar louder than the Beam, at a 3-4 meter listening distance both had power to spare at the loudest I would ever use to watch an action movie.