tax

• 4 June 2017
  • 4 replies

i want to order a sub with the discont, so the sub is 599 dollar.
Do i have to pay tax when i order it?
I live in the Netherlands

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hello, you will always pay the local VAT, depending on the country in the Netherlands it will be 21%.

Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

In the US, vendors collect sales tax on items shipped to states where they have a physical presence.

If you were to order from a US vendor willing to ship abroad (B&H Photo Video is great), you'd pay $599 (+ international shipping?) only but you'll prob. get hit with import duties by your customs. Wouldn't that negate the savings?

As stated above, US prices are listed without taxes because sales tax is levied by the individual states on a separate line at the time of sale. This is why the US prices seem very low compared to other countries who include VAT or import taxes right in the listed price. You are likely not going to save anything by buying at the US price.
On the same note - anyone can help to clarify if there in import taxes in Malaysia ?