Answered

Sub mini or Sub Gen 3

• 29 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

Finally joined Sonos and got myself a Beam Gen2, One and SL. 
Setup for home theatre is all done, and I’m very happy on how things connect, app setup and integration with Apple HomeKit. 
As happy I can be… I’m missing bass, all I have is a great experience but I love my movies and missing that punch. 

Dilema here is, Sub mini or Sub Gen 3

Small apartment with living room and open concept kitchen. 

I will never be able to use sound over mid volume as it’s an apartment, on that note… Sub mini or Gen 3?

Thanks in advance :)

icon

Best answer by jgatie 29 December 2022, 17:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I would say Sub Mini if you aren’t going to crank it.  I’m in an open floorplan condo and the Sub Gen 3 is LOUD!!  I barely have it at 25% and you can feel it in your chest when it hits. 

Yes… my apartment is also not big at all. I have dual SUB and put one under my couch, can really feel the explosion and gun shooting 😆

Badge

Start with the Mini, likely what you need but you can always exchange it for the big Sub if it falls short.

Sounds like a great idea. And after just buying Beam and One’s I can’t justify the Gen 3 price atm. 

Sonos is giving me an Apple vibe… once you get one product you want more and more. Oh dear what have I done :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Start with the Mini, likely what you need but you can always exchange it for the big Sub if it falls short.

Badge

I would say Sub Mini if you aren’t going to crank it.  I’m in an open floorplan condo and the Sub Gen 3 is LOUD!!  I barely have it at 25% and you can feel it in your chest when it hits. 

Oh that’s very helpful, thank you. 
And saves me money too :)