Answered

Speaker setup and placement

• 11 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi guys, new on here so excuse my lack of knowledge about speakers. I'm building a house and wanted some advice on speaker placement. I will mainly be using them for watching TV and listening to music. I was going to use the sonos arc, sub and 2 ceiling speakers for rears. I'm open to using wall mounted if that's a better option sound wise. I have included a picture of the room layout (circled) so all suggestions welcome, thanks. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 October 2021, 22:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Thats great, thanks for all the info

Userlevel 7

Many Samsung TV owners have had eARC connectivity issues with the Arc.

I would install the in-ceiling speakers behind your main listening position and angle the speakers towards that spot.

Thanks for the heads up, what's the issue with the Samsung? Connectivity issues? Should I have the ceiling speakers directly overhead or behind me and angled towards the seat, or will that make much difference? 

Userlevel 7

I think option 2 with the Arc, Sub, and two in-ceiling speakers (powered by an Amp) would work great. Option 2 would also be better if you want to see the TV from the kitchen. Option 1 would work best if you want to see the TV from the dining area.

Also, if you are getting a new TV, be sure to get one equipped with HDMI eARC so you can take advantage of the Arc’s full audio capabilities. But try to avoid Samsung TVs.

Option 2 looks OK, option 3 won't work as that's a window where the TV is. Do you think this setup would be OK for what I need or what would you suggest? 

Userlevel 7

With the TV mounted beside the double doors, I am concerned that you will have an imbalanced audio experience because the Arc/TV will be so close to the wall on one side:

SETUP 1

I think these other two options (if possible) would give you a more balanced audio experience in the room:

SETUP 2
SETUP 3

I was thinking on the wall beside the double doors. Was thinking I could use the arc, sub and 2 wall or ceiling mounted speakers. The seating area will be directly across from the TV. No electrics have been done yet so I'm free to move wherever I want

Userlevel 7

Where exactly will the TV be located in the room?