I would also like to purchase the following:
- Sonos Playbar that would be mounted below the TV on-wall
- Sonos Sub is on the floor to the right of the TV
- Use the 2 in-ceiling speakers
For all of this to work together, I believe the following setup is needed.
- Sonos playbar would need a CAT5 cable to connect directly to a Sonos Connect Amp
- Sonos playbar would also have the optical connection to the TV
- 2 in-ceiling speakers run speaker wire directly to the Sonos Connect Amp
In this setup when I turn on my TV will the in-ceiling speakers automatically be used?
If I don't have the TV on and only want to use the in-ceiling speakers for music - Can I use the sonos app to configure a zone without the playbar just for music?
The in-ceiling speakers will be over the couch and won't be behind the couch - Should I be concerned about the in-ceiling speaker location since this setup is like a 5.1 setup if the playbar acts as the front-right, center front-left speaker?
Thanks in advance for any input.
Best answer by Stuart_W