Sonos One + 2 Play 1's or Play 5 with Echo Dot?

• 2 February 2018
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You don’t have to wire the dot to the play:5. You can use Sonos skill to send music to the play:5 wirelessly.
OK, so in fact you're not controlling your sonos speakers, you just send music from echo dot to sonos speaker. So if I use a streaming service that is not available on echo, I can't play it on sonos, right ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can not voice direct a service via echo that the echo doesn’t support. Correct. Like if you use Apple Music you can’t voice command it via an echo. (Of course with airplay 2 you can do that via Siri on your phone instead)
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It will send right now minimal direct commands like volume up down or play pause skip etc.
It depends. If you're just controlling the music on the PLAY:5, it doesn't have to be wired. But if you're using the PLAY:5 as a replacement "speaker" for the dot, you'd need to connect it.
I don't want to listen to music from the dot, I want to use the streaming service I have on sonos (Qobuz)...

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings