Question

Sonos Move Wall Mount

• 28 January 2020
  • 10 replies

I’m curious to see if anyone has walled mounted their Move, and if so, what did you use.

I just noticed this available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Acrylic-Bracket-Compatible-Portable-Speaker/dp/B081SHJRGD/

It’s not the prettiest mount I’ve ever seen, but it utilizes the charging ring and can be quickly removed from the Mount.  The prices is also hard to beat.  I’ll probably be giving this a try, unless someone has found something better.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Hmm, your link only shows me the “frequently bought together” data, and not the original device. 

Even stranger, I can search for it and see it in the search results, but when I click on it for details, I get the same ‘frequently bought together’ page, without any details. Let me try the app. 

Weird.  Worked for me.  Regardless, I changed it by removing part of the URL, which still works for me.

Must be a problem in my browser. 

But what do you think of the Mount?

I did find another one, but I didn’t see it available in the US, is more expensive, and doesn’t use the charging ring.

https://www.av-connection.com/?PNo=FLX-SMWM-1021

Don’t have a Move, so my opinion is less than informed. Looks fine, I’d be mildly concerned about the strength of the acrylic to hold the weight of the Move, and the stress of repeated removal and replacements. But at $20, it’s hard to say why not give it a whirl?

I bought one of those Sanus ‘replace the electrical faceplate and hold up a PLAY:1’ things, just to see. Turns out my intended location for use, it wouldn’t fit, but I still tested it elsewhere. And now I know what it’s like, and would buy another one if needed, because it works. I would change the design slightly if it was up to me, but I’m OCD a bit, in case you’ve not noticed ;)

Don’t have a Move, so my opinion is less than informed. Looks fine, I’d be mildly concerned about the strength of the acrylic to hold the weight of the Move, and the stress of repeated removal and replacements. But at $20, it’s hard to say why not give it a whirl?

Yes I considered that, but acrylic tends to show signs of weakness before it breaks, right? I actually think the fact that the screw points aren’t in a vertical line, they are horizontal, so you can’t get both screws into a stud could be an issue.  As well, no way to hide the wire.  It also looks like you’d need to remove the entire thing to remove the charging ring.  

My intention was to potentially use it in the garage, so I don’t care too much about what it looks like and might not even use the charging ring.

I bought one of those Sanus ‘replace the electrical faceplate and hold up a PLAY:1’ things, just to see. Turns out my intended location for use, it wouldn’t fit, but I still tested it elsewhere. And now I know what it’s like, and would buy another one if needed, because it works. I would change the design slightly if it was up to me, but I’m OCD a bit, in case you’ve not noticed ;)

Nothing wrong with wanting it right.

I’m not a materials expert, but yes, I think acrylic does show wear...and agree that mounting to a stud would certainly be a concern. Might be tempted to check on a spare 2x4 first, to see how it lines up ;)

The wire part is where I had issues with that Sanus. I’d want some place to wrap unused amount of cabling so that it just isn’t hanging everywhere. I did my normal hack job on an extra cable I had to shorten it to 4 or 5 inches, so I didn’t have a huge bundle hanging down to the floor. It’s not perfect, if I move it somewhere more permanent, I’ll remove another inch or so, but for now, it’s fine. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I have not seen the shelf in person, but looks a bit flimsy to me, I would be worried about the acrylic failing and dropping the Move. The Move has some heft to it, in a good quality feel.

Not seen the Flexson mount for the Move either, but have had other Play:1 and Sonos One mounts from them and they have all been good quality. I would trust flexson. One problem with the Flexson is that there is nowhere to put the charging ring.

if it were me, I would just buy an Ikea shelf and cut it to size, they are cheap and well build, I would have no concerns on them holding the move or even heavier items.

Ikea Shelf

(the brackets come off and you can cut g thy he wooden shelf to whatever length you need…. I cut a hole in one to feed cables through it too)

I have not seen the shelf in person, but looks a bit flimsy to me, I would be worried about the acrylic failing and dropping the Move. The Move has some heft to it, in a good quality feel.

So the acrylic mount came in the other day...and it’s rather underwhelming.  It doesn’t seem nearly stable enough.  The bottom portion is relatively solid, but doesn’t have the thickness or weight to it to make me think it will hold up over time.  The upper ring portion of it is even less so, and will move bend easily.  

If I want to use it a foot two above a surface so that there was little chance of damage if it fell, then it could work.  As it stands, I intend to place it at least 5 feet off the ground in my garage (concrete), so this will not do.

One other annoying point is that the ring can be mounted along with the device, but there is nothing to hold it in place there.  As well, you cannot remove the ring without completely removing the mount from the wall.