Sonos for a retail store

• 27 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there I am trying to set up some sound for a retail store. 

The store is about 50m2 (500 sqft). It’s a dispensary so I def. want to create a vibe in there but not blast it super loud. 

Behind the counter there is a flat surface with plenty of space to put a record player and speakers. 

Am I better off buying two fives or 4 smaller ones with a sub ? How would I connect the vinyl player to the system ? I know it can connect to the Fives, can it also connect to smaller speakers ? 

Since it is a retail store with rotating staff I want something fool-proof, so a wired solution between record player and speaker is preferred over anything Bluetooth. 

Thanks for any help !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sound solutions for businesses, including music licences etc. usually start with ‘Sonos Pro’, so maybe see this link to perhaps get you started with the setup you’re looking for:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/sonos-pro

Personally, I would not want a turntable for use by retail staff.

Anyway, FIVE, AMP, PORT, and the ERA speakers (when using the USB Line-In adapter) will accept a turntable. You’ll need a turntable with a built-in or external preamp.

I don’t recommend speakers on the counter. Use four or more speakers distributed around the room. Mount the speakers above the humans. This will give the best audible results and discourage theft.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Five behind the counter, 2 Era 100s in opposite corners with a Sub bonded with them and stuck in a corner where the low frequencies will be reinforced.