Sonos for 460 m2 warehouse

• 28 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am wondering if I can use Sonos one sl in a 30x15x6 m2 warehouse, the construction is made from metal insulated sandwitch panels. Here we are going to open a motorcycle clothing store and I am looking for a solution for backround music. We need to be able to speak to the customers which are going to visit us but at the same time i would like to hear a nice sound :)

What do you think can i get a decent result out of 6-8 Sonos one sl? Do I need also a Sonos Sub?

I made a test today with a JBL Xtreme 2 which I borrowed from a friend (I hang it at 3 m height near one of the walls) but I was not impressed maybe because the space is so big and all the walls are metallic.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ionut

1 reply

Userlevel 7

I’m not sure Sonos Ones, or any other Sonos speaker, mounted to the walls would be the best option for a warehouse that size. You might consider looking at a pendant/hanging speaker system designed for commercial spaces. I think this option will give you more evenly dispersed audio throughout your space and would look great hanging from an open ceiling. Bose, JBL, SoundTube, and Sonance offer good pendant speaker options.