Answered

Sonos Five with Arc?

• 20 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello, everyone!

I am currently using Sonos Arc with two Sonos One SL and a Sonos Sub. I am perfectly happy with this setup used for TV, but not so when listening to music. I find the stereo field too narrow from the front. As such, I am thinking of buying two Sonos Fives to widen the stereo image.

First of all, is it even a good idea? Will incorporating two Fives into the setup (situated further apart than the width of Arc) a viable way to accomplish my goal?

Secondly - will it be possible to configure all of the speakers into one setup? If not, is it possible to have two configurations (Arc+2xSL+Sub AND 2xFive+2xSL+Sub) and change them on-the-fly? Or will I have to manually reconfigure everything everytime I would like to change from “Movie Time” to “Music Time” (not a good scenario)?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 20 September 2021, 17:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Adding two Fives would improve the stereo imaging when listening to music, but you cannot switch configurations on the fly.

You will have two zones:

Zone 1: Arc + Sub + One SLs

Zone 2: Fives

When watching TV/movies, you will use zone 1.

When listening to music, you will group zone 1 and 2 together. NOTE: The Arc will still be playing with the Fives. The only way to remove the Arc is to unbond the One SLs and Sub from the Arc, pair the One SLs as a stereo pair, then bond the Sub to either the pair of One SLs or the Fives, and then group the One SLs and Fives together (with the Sub bonded). And then you would have to redo Trueplay tuning.