Sonos ARC or Playbar and voice contro

• 1 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Folks

further questions, I’m sorry 

my room is only 4m x 4m and I currently have a Playbar and 2 play 1s

would I see any major benefit in upgrading to an ARC from the existing playbar or is the addition of a sub only to be considered as the other option? 75% of my listening is music, the remainder movies.

I’m not conversant with voice control 😥 if I purchased either one (arc or sub) and used voice control would it still enable the play1s as these are not voice controlled?

Although my tv does NOT have eARC but it has ARC, by using An ARC playbar are the upfiring 2 speakers in the ARC utilised if I play DD 5.1 or used only in Atmos soundtracks?

Thank you

Martin

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 1 March 2021, 22:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

If you primarily just listen to music, your room is only 4m x 4m, and your TV is only equipped with HDMI ARC, I would just add the Sub to your current setup. If you want voice control, get a Google Home or Amazon Echo device to control your Sonos speakers. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you for your prompt answer 👍

Am I correct in saying by the addition of a sub that the lower frequencies are then diverted to the sub so the playbar and play 1s can process the mid and upper frequencies more efficiently and hence improve the overall sound?

Thank you

Martin

Userlevel 7

Thank you for your prompt answer 👍

Am I correct in saying by the addition of a sub that the lower frequencies are then diverted to the sub so the playbar and play 1s can process the mid and upper frequencies more efficiently and hence improve the overall sound?

Thank you

Martin

Yes, you are correct.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you, I may well purchase just the sub, I did read that with a ARC the sub isn’t really necessary hence my question?

i would like to listen to the sub but the present restrictions permit doing so 😢

do you think I’ll notice the difference with the addition of a sub?

I do think Sonos is “the way to go” 👍

Martin

Userlevel 7

If you add a Sub to your Playbar to complete your 5.1 setup, you will most definitely notice a difference. It will sound like a completely different system. Most people would say adding the Sub is more important than adding the surround speakers.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you for your advice, my mind is now made up……...sub!

Incidentally my Guitar Hero is Frank Zappa 🙂

Userlevel 7

Thank you for your advice, my mind is now made up……...sub!

Incidentally my Guitar Hero is Frank Zappa 🙂

Nice. My guitar hero is David Gilmour.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Never heard of him…...just joking, I saw Pink Floyd in 1980 on the wall tour 🙂 Saw Roger Waters too on the Us and Them tour.

look forward to playing DSOTM on my Sonos when I get the sub!