Sonos AMP, shipping delays - 2022

• 20 October 2022
  • 3 replies

More for management of Sonos vs. a conversation. I ordered 5 AMPs, three in late June, two in late August. No communication on any status until I called in early October. I was told all five would ship 10/18, but only the 2 ordered in August actually shipped. The June order is now expected to ship 11/18. Called Sonos again (no proactive update) and they said there was an issue with orders from June and July and those were skipped.

Note to those with outstanding orders, it appears you have to call about items to get them shipped otherwise you may never get moved up the list. Also, products in demand ship monthly.

Notes to management of Sonos, 1) you need to communicate, even automated communications are better then nothing, 2) if a product really is in short supply it would be wise to ensure you are working the oldest orders first, 3) ease up on the marketing emails if you can’t supply product, I get several a week, and 4) treating customer like this over time can erode the loyal base you have. All of these seem very basic which makes me wonder how well the company is being managed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thanks for posting this.  Literally the only update I could get besides my order status still listing October 14th as the ship date. I’ll update all to see if those June orders are in fact “skipped”.

Agreed with OP, no communications at all from Sonos for an order that’s already late.  I reached out to Customer Service and they said it’ll be another 2 month wait!

I wish they would be more transparent on their shipping/delivery date.  I would have purchased elsewhere if would have known it was going to be a 4 month delivery date.

This is what I received and it seems very reactive, kind of like “we don’t know what order numbers got messed up until the customer contacts us”:

We checked your order. This order is set to ship out last 11/15/2022 for 1x Sonos Amp US (Black). We are most of the time accurate on our backorder dates, unfortunately, this order is uncertain and we apologize. This is due to inventory constraints and the high volume of orders that our warehouse is experiencing at the moment.

Please know that orders on backorder are set to be charged on the day once we start preparing your item for shipment, thus no charge has been made on this order.