Answered

Sonos Amp

• 12 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Good afternoon everyone,

i have a questions regarding the Sonos AMP.

i have the Sonos ARC, Sonos sub and two Sonos one.

i wanted to know if the Sonos AMP it’s compatible woth the arc and what improvement the Sonos amp will give to my system?

thank you

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 13 November 2020, 16:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Not sure I understand your question. All Sonos devices are ‘compatible’ with all other Sonos devices, they can all be part of the same system.

As to ‘improvements’ to your system, it would provide both a way to drive third party speakers, and add an analog input. But I’m not sure that’s what you’re actually asking, could you elaborate?

Badge +2

Thank you for your reply dear airgetlam.

actually sometimes I found a lack of power from the system.

i am almost 80-90% volume but can feel a lack of power.

i was thinking of the AMP will improve the system in term of quality and power.

No, the Sonos Amp would not alter any existing devices. 

Badge +2

So what the purpose of having the Sonos AMP?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You’d use an Amp to drive two passive front speakers (to replace a soundbar - not add to it) or to drive two passive rear speakers.

Badge +2

Not sure to understand the meaning of driving two speaker.

i thought that will give more power and details 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Amp is what the name says: an amplifier. So you have an amplifier you connect to your TV, or by wifi tot the rest of your Sonos speakers if you want to use it for surround (rear speakers). To get sound you need to connect two (non Sonos) speakers to the Amp by cable.

What did you think you'd use it for?

Badge +2

The Amp is what the name says: an amplifier. So you have an amplifier you connect to your TV, or by wifi tot the rest of your Sonos speakers if you want to use it for surround (rear speakers). To get sound you need to connect two (non Sonos) speakers to the Amp by cable.

What did you think you'd use it for?

Ok thank