Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Ace and Sonos Pro-Ject

• 8 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I want to add a Pro-Ject to my sonos system.  I also want to listen to my vinyl using Sonos ACE headphones.  What other sonos product must I purchase to make this work?  I do not have an ARC and suffer from all the outdated Sonos equipment I have -- it all sounds and works great but is quickly obsolete when Sonos adds new products -- it ages so quickly.  Help?

At this time, the Ace is only able to connect to the Arc to play TV audio only.  Other than that, it will connect via Bluetooth.  You would need a turntable with both Bluetooth and a Line-Out with a preamp, and a Sonos device with a Line-In (Port, Amp, Five, Era 100/200 w/ line-in adapter). Then you could connect the Ace via Bluetooth, and the Line-Out to the Line-In for all other Sonos speakers. 

jgatie -- do the Sonos turntables comply - are they bluetooth capable and do they have a Line-Out with a preamp?   Is it possible to configure the Sonos products to work or are you saying I need to buy the turntable from a different company?   If the Sonos turntables are not capable today, will they be at some point in the future or are the turntables not a priority for Sonos? 

I love my sonos products and am hopeful.  Thanks in advance for your response

Pro-Ject make them, as do others.  You don’t need the Sonos / Pro-Ject collab version.

Bluetooth & Streaming Turntables - Pro-Ject Audio USA (pro-jectusa.com)

And then you can choose any headphones you want that are BT capable and there are plenty to choose from.