Question

Sonnos Connect and Receiver

• 15 September 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I currently have a Sony receiver (2010 or so), connected to a Samsung TV and in wall speakers throughout the house (specifically, family room and living room (which are on the main floor and very close to each other) and master bedroom on the second floor). The receiver is in the family room. Our plan is to connect a sonos connect to the receiver to add sonos functionality to the family room and living room speakers, and a sonos connect:amp to add sonos functionality to the in-ceiling speakers in our master bedroom. The idea is to create 2 music zones (one in the living room/family room area - essentially the main floor) and a second music zone in the master bedroom. Will I be able to effectively get sound through the in-ceiling speakers and sonos functionality with the set up I've described, or do I need a second sonos connect; amp to get sonos functionality through the the living room speakers? I would like to avoid installing a connect; amp in the living room because the living room and family room are so closeby that in practical terms we couldn't be listening to 2 different things in each room.

Suggestions welcomed! Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Your setup would be fine.
Hmmm. Your post is rather dense, so let me make sure there's an understanding. For music, your setup is fine. If your intention is to push the TV's sound through the CONNECT that you're attaching to the receiver, note that 1) the CONNECT does not handle a 5.1 input, only stereo, and 2) there's a slight delay when "pushing" music in to the Sonos ecosystem using an analog input, which the CONNECT has. So, for instance, if you're trying to play the same thing on the TV that is connected to the receiver and the speakers connected to Sonos, there would be a slight delay, which runs from around 70 ms and on up, depending on settings in the controller for the line-in.