Solution to projector room

• 8 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi guys. Could you please help me set up a solution for my bedroom audio? I am purchasing a tv projector and would like to find a sonos solution to listen to audio from the projector, and also audio streamed from spotify. I wanted to have two speakers working as stereo and have a subwoofer as well. Unfortunately, sonos soundbar or soundbase are not an option because there is no room to fit them. A regular receiver would be a solution, but I would rather go with some sonos solution. I though that maybe sonos connect:amp could work, linking the projector to two play1 speakers (maybe play 3 or 5), and then I could add a subwoofer grouped to the speakers. Do you think this solution seems reasonable? And possible? Thanks so much!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

An Apple TV feeding your beamer by HDMI and feeding SONOS speakers via airplay 2 could be a solution. Not yet tried.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Why would a regular receiver work and Sonos Playbar or the new Sonos Beam not work ? I think the new Beam is smaller and lighter than a receiver. TV sound on other Sonos Players will not work, TV sound is unbuffered and needs fast HDMI or Optical connections that only the Playbase, Playbar, Beam or a regular receiver can offer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey, luizaraujo. Depending on the projector you have, you may have a few options available to you.

For instance, I recently purchased an LG HF85JA Short Throw Projector for my bedroom and it has a ton of options for audio output. Luckily this has HDMI ARC and will work perfectly with something like the newly announced Beam. When dealing with anything Audio/Visual you want a speaker that is directly connected to the projector, just as if it were set up to a TV. This is to minimize any chance of delay or latency between the audio and picture (just like Eddie was getting at above)

The biggest thing I would advise to keep in mind is how are you gonna get audio out of the projector and into Sonos. You can do it all kinds of ways, for all different price points - all with different experiences.

In my experience: the more simple a solution is, the easier it is to troubleshoot and keep working.