Answered

Set up for a gym - your recommendations?

• 21 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone, 

I am finishing up the last details to open a gym. I have seen similar topic but would still like your feedback. 

The gym comprises:
- A small reception / coffee bar which is 14 m2
- A weight lifting area which is 150 m2
- A spinning area which is 35 m2
- A multi funcional room which is 65 m2
- A corridor leading to the changing room which is 25m2

Both spinning an multi functional would have their own system as we need to equip the instructors with mics.
However the weight lifting, reception and corridor should have the same content with different sound level.

I hoped that the Sonos ERA 100 or 300 would create their own network to connect together and that would have been my first choice but it seems like they are not compatible with the Wired Sonos setup. 

What would you recommend in that case? Note, the gym is located in A small town in south America with unreliable internet…

Best regards,

Pierre

icon

Best answer by buzz 21 February 2024, 23:01

View original

4 replies

I don’t recommend installing a SONOS system if you want instructors to use microphones.

I don’t recommend installing a SONOS system if you want instructors to use microphones.

Absolutely and thank you for your answer! This is why I mentioned that I would be looking for another option than Sonos. I am really looking for the weight lifting area / reception and corridor. 

Best regards

Sorry reading again my post I might have not been clear. The spinning and multi functional area would have a different sound system, not SONOS which can handle wireless mic etc etc...

SONOS “Grouped” “Rooms” will be time aligned with each other while playing music. Analog input to PORT will be offset by 75ms. This will not be an issue unless the analog input is also playing through a 3rd party amplifier and this output can be simultaneously heard in a SONOS Room.

With respect to unreliable Internet service, you can play music stored on a local hard drive or via Airplay or Bluetooth (with some SONOS units) and ignore the Internet.

I’m anal about wire and suggest that you wire as many units to the network as possible. There is a USB adapter available for ERA units that will allow them to connect to the wired network.