RIP Sonos

• 27 September 2022
  • 8 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Was considering  to upgrade  my  system with a new  arc and  gen3  subwoofer. Decided to replace  my  Samsung android phone  with an  Apple  iphone to use Trueplay.  However after purchasing  a SE 2022 found that this is as yet not supported by Sonos.  After e-mailing and a phone call to sonos support was informed they do not release dates for upgradesbut  will be  coming  soon and to use a friends iphone for trueplay!! These  phones were released March this year. Maybe in another year or two Sonos will support this model.

Now bought a Sony HT-A9, which supports all formats and uses a remote for callibration. The sound is  amazing  for both TV\ radio.  So muchso  just bought the new sony  A90K  TV.

Will now never buy another sonos product. Current system is relegated to the  pare room with my old  smaller  tv.

Rest in Peace sonos 

Long live Sony products.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Sonos will survive without you.

Bye @Gl17 It’s been emotional..!

Community member: 

Sept 27th 2022 -to- Sept 27th 2022

Oh the drama! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks for joining the community today, after however long it has been that you’ve been a contented Sonos user, just to tell us this. Bye-bye. 👋

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I wonder how many of these topics we could avoid if Sonos released a USB connected TruePlay microphone that would work on any tablet or phone? 

I think that to avoid posts like this you would have to find a way to stop Sony employees joining the forum to make drive-by posts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Is the Pare room for the Au Pare to sleep in?

Is the Pare room for the Au Pare to sleep in?

No. It's a room in which to use a stereo pare.