Answered

Replacement for Sonos

• 22 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

What is a good replacement for Sonos. Since they no longer support my devices such as a Connect:Amp I need to replace it. And I'll be damn if I give another penny to Sonos so they can drop support on it later.

My Connect:Amp devices disappeared after installing the S1 app.

Dale

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 August 2021, 21:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I’m afraid that there is a high risk for any such product becoming unsupported at some point.

The best hedge would probably be a Linux based system built around a Raspberry Pi.

S1 supports all CONNECT:AMP’s. S2 supports the newest build of CONNECT:AMP.

Are the CONNECT:AMP’s wired or wireless?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

What is a good replacement for Sonos. Since they no longer support my devices such as a Connect:Amp I need to replace it. And I'll be damn if I give another penny to Sonos so they can drop support on it later.

My Connect:Amp devices disappeared after installing the S1 app.

Dale

What do you mean: disappeared? S1 supports them, doesn’t it?

Sounds like a local network issue, Sonos has not dropped support for anything other than a hardware controller and an iPod interface device so far.

Since they no longer support my devices such as a Connect:Amp I need to replace it.

It does not need support other than troubleshooting of the kind you seem to need, which Sonos continues to provide for it. Until the hardware dies, there is no need to think of a replacement.