Replace or add

• 12 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi folks!

I currently have a single  Sonos One Gen2. It is in another group than my Playbar, Sub and Play 3’s.

I use it for radio listening and my deezer playlists. And to set timers (super usefull).

To add volume and quality of the sound should I:

1. add another one to the opposite corner of the room?
  2. move the one gen2 to another room and replace it with a single era 100?
  3. move the one gen2 to another room and replace it with a single era 300?
  4. move the one gen2 to another room and replace it with Sonos move gen 2?

thank you

Neven

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I would just go with the first option in your list - and make the 2 x Ones into stereo pair, which sound great in any room and you can always add a sub-mini to those too at a later stage. The only reason to go with the Move-2 is if you need a speaker for use in other rooms, or outside, so it depends on your overall requirements and perhaps on what you wish to spend.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I would just go with the first option in your list - and make the 2 x Ones into stereo pair, which sound great in any room and you can always add a sub-mini to those too at a later stage. The only reason to go with the Move-2 is if you need a speaker for use in other rooms, or outside, so it depends on your overall requirements and perhaps on what you wish to spend.

I see. But It will make no real stereo pair since they will be 8 metres apart in a opposite corner of a room. Maybe another one a group them (not stereo pair them)?

thank you

Neven

I see. But It will make no real stereo pair since they will be 8 metres apart in a opposite corner of a room. Maybe another one a group them (not stereo pair them)?

thank you

Neven

8 meters is a bit too far apart to make a good stereo pair with Sonos Ones.  You should have them much closer if you want to get stereo audio.  The other side of the room is essentially a different zone/space, and if you wan to improve the sound quality over there, then I would definitely setup a new Sonos room.  And in that case, I don’t think it makes sense to get another Sonos One.  Get an Era 300 if you’re looking for atmos music (although not full effect without a 2nd Era 300 and sub, and you won’t be able to group it with your other rooms).  Get a Move 2 if you want portable capabilities.  Get an Era 100 if you aren’t interested in either of these extra features.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The pricing on the 100 makes it a very reasonable choice compared to the One.

I wouldn’t rule out a Five in an 8 Meter room, might be a bit better than a 300 but I don’t have one to compare.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

thank you

Neven

8 meters is a bit too far apart to make a good stereo pair with Sonos Ones.  You should have them much closer if you want to get stereo audio.  The other side of the room is essentially a different zone/space, and if you wan to improve the sound quality over there, then I would definitely setup a new Sonos room.  And in that case, I don’t think it makes sense to get another Sonos One.  Get an Era 300 if you’re looking for atmos music (although not full effect without a 2nd Era 300 and sub, and you won’t be able to group it with your other rooms).  Get a Move 2 if you want portable capabilities.  Get an Era 100 if you aren’t interested in either of these extra features.

Thank you for your comment. Also, I will not be able to group the era 300 with myr other rooms? Didn’t know that. It could be a deal breaker (decisive factor)

Neven

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

The pricing on the 100 makes it a very reasonable choice compared to the One.

I wouldn’t rule out a Five in an 8 Meter room, might be a bit better than a 300 but I don’t have one to compare.

Thank you. I was thinking of another One, simply because it will be cheaper and in the end I would have a pair of them (to use as surounds or stereo listening in a dedicated room corner. Either way the I would like a speaker to be groupable to other rooms.

Neven

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@melvimbe Why would you not be able to group an Era300 with other speakers?