Skip to main content
Answered

Replace amp and four speakers

Hi everyone!

I have an amp and four passive speakers in my living-room. They’re OK but I would like to replace them with two sonos speakers, so I can integrate them in my Sonos system. I have a projector and a TV connected to one Android box. I do everything there: connect to Spotify and other music services, stream films, watch TV… 

Which options do I have?

Thx, regards

7 replies

1. Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to connect a Sonos Ray to a a Sonos Port ?

2. Can I also add an adroid box to the Port and output sound through the Sonos Ray?

Thank you

1. Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to connect a Sonos Ray to a a Sonos Port ?

Yes, it’s called grouping.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

2. Can I also add an adroid box to the Port and output sound through the Sonos Ray?

If the “adroid box” has an analog output, you can use the Port’s line-in.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/use-line-in-on-sonos

Thank you

Thank you very much, jgatie.

So my only option to integrate the output sound of a TV and an android box in a multiroom Sonos system (without any audio delay, thats why I would need it) is the Sonos Port, right?

Thank you very much, jgatie.

So my only option to integrate the output sound of a TV and an android box in a multiroom Sonos system (without any audio delay, thats why I would need it) is the Sonos Port, right?

I’m not clear on what you are trying to do.  The android box (I assume) would connect to the TV and the TV would connect to the Beam.  This would give you audio on the Beam synched with the video on the TV.  I’m not sure what you think the Port is going to be used for. 

Regardless, the Line-In on the Port is always going to introduce a 75 ms delay due to buffering, so there’s no way to sync a line-in with an external source.  The line-in is good for music sources only due to the delay.  Live performance or video are not really optimized.

Thx again

Could I sync the Beam with other Sonos devices in other rooms without audio delay? Isnt that possible with the Port?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The Beam connected to the TV will be in sync with Grouped Sonos for streaming music but the delay in TV sound on Grouped Sonos will always be there.

If you connect the Port to the TV (instead of connecting the Beam) then it and all Grouped Sonos will see the same delay.

Thank you Stanley_4 . Now I have two options. Which one is better?

1. Use a Beam (but my TV only supports DTS:X, but it has an eARC entry)
  2. Use another sound bar (with DTS support) and connect everything with a port.

Thanks everyone, have a nice weekend