Refurbished sales - how?

• 19 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi.. Is there a way to get noticed when sonos has some refurbished units? (Im from denmark) Or is it just luck?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I don't think Sonos itself supports the sale of refurbs, other than to replace existing units that have failed...and even then, I'm not sure they send refurbs, but instead new units. Not 100% sure about that, though.

But it's unlikely that you'll find any resources on an official Sonos site that indicates locations that have refurbs. I personally have purchased open box Sonos items (basically returns) from a retailer in the states, Best Buy. But Sonos doesn't have any particular connection to the Best Buy site to help track these down, you have to either check Best Buy's website, or more frequently just see them in the local store.

Good luck!
Badge
Sonos occasionally sell "b-stock," for example play1 units: https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/play1-b-stock.html
Just swap out country info in the address for the country you're in and swap the "play1" bit for the unit you want
Fascinating. Thanks for posting that, CookieNom. Although they don't seem to have anything in the US 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
ebay usually has a good supply of Sonos gear ranging from "parts only" to new. Some good prices, some sucker bait at more than list price last time I looked.