Recommendation for 3rd party switch

• 8 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Looking to install two 65” TV’s side by side on the wall in basement. Using the two separate TV’s for 2 sports events, video game streaming w/ sports on other tv, etc. 

Has anyone found a good 3rd party switch that will allow you to toggle the audio back and forth depending on which TV you would like to play through use of a single Arc? I’d like to buy a single Arc for the basement and have the ability to toggle audio back and forth.

Other option will be just buy two Beam’s and have them mounted under each TV.

Thanks! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @FlavorIce,

Unfortunately, I don’t have any personal experience with this type of switch, but I’m sure there are some people here on the community who have used such a device in their own setup.

By me replying to your post it’ll bump it up the list so more eyes can get on it :slight_smile:

Given that you need a switch for HDMI-ARC rather than HDMI, I think you might struggle to find what you need.  However, they are a resourceful lot on here and somebody might have a good idea. 

One way you could do it is to run optical from both TVs to an optical switch. Then connect the optical output from the switch to the adapter supplied with the Arc and then connect that to the Arc. But you wouldn't then get the extra functionality of HDMI over optical. 

Two Beams may be a better option