Answered

Playbar

• 29 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I have a spare Playbar, if I give it to my daughter to connect to her TV, will she need an amp or some sort of base station for it, or will it work on its own?

icon

Best answer by controlav 29 November 2020, 15:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Topter.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

This should be an easy setup for your daughter, just a few pointers to remember.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

To answer the OPs actual question:

if the TV has optical output then it will work fine. Optical out is a legal requirement for TVs in the USA but not the UK AFAIK, so check that.

Assuming she has a WiFi network, she will be fine, that’s all she needs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The Playbar is a complete unit with amplifiers and speakers built in so nothing further is needed. It is set up and typically controlled from an app on iPhone or Android phone, but can be set to Autoplay when the TV is switched on, even if it had been used for music streaming. 

Great, thank you all for your responses, very helpful 👍