play 5 replacement

• 16 August 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a play 5 gen 2 that recently stopped working , ran a diagnostic, faulty wi fi card . I have now received a replacement it works but stops midway through a song - have called Sonos who were v helpful spent an hour on the phone and ran various checks , including changing wi fi channels nothing works - I have two play 1’s both of which work with no problem - a case has been raised and I am waiting to hear . Has anyone any ideas ? I don’t believe it is a wi fi issue as the others work (I have put one where the play 5 is and no problems ) - 

5 replies

Userlevel 7

If you move the Play:5 closer to the router just to test, do you experience the same issue? Are you able to wire any of your speakers directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

Hi thanks for the reply , yes we have tried both those before and during the call with Sonos and we have the same issue - to be honest we are on the point of giving up as it has taken so much tjme - I can’t believe the replacement is faulty as well - wondering if we should ask for a refund and just use the play 1’s although a shame as the sound is good on the 5 

Userlevel 7

Yes, the Play:5 is a great-sounding speaker. I would request another replacement if this one is determined to be faulty. The odds of you getting two faulty replacements is pretty low.

Thanks , we have a case raised and it has been escalated so I guess we just have to wait - I am wondering if the replacement is new or a reconditioned unit ? 

at one point it was suggested we call our internet provider - but seeing as we have two plays 1’s that work I cannot see it would provide any answers 

We are still waiting for our case to be resolved , we have been promised a call 3 days in a row , with the case being escalated each tjme - can anyone advise how long this process takes ?