Paired Fives vs. Ones along with Sub vs. Sub-mini

• 1 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Moving into a new house and looking for a setup for music listening (no movies) in a large open-concept space (entry, dining room, living room, kitchen). The speakers would be placed on top of the mantel. Listening levels would range from background music to fully cranked. My wife would listen to mostly classical (piano) and I would listen to a wide range of genres.

Considering whether stereo paired Fives or Ones would be better, and whether a Sub or Sub-mini would be better. Significant price differentials here, I know. I wish the Fives had voice control.

For reference, the home theater (very large) space will probably have dual 15” subs.

Thanks for the advice!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Since I don’t have your ears, I’d probably suggest a pair of Fives, along with a normal (not mini) Sub. 

I often recommend going to a local retailer to listen to them there, although their space is never the same as my space, but would at least give you a better understanding of the differences between the Ones and the Fives.