Ordered Arc at mid of January still waiting for it to charge/ship, Arc Shipping Delay

Badge

It is 2022 right now, anyone else order a arc around the second week of January and have had their order shipped? I got a estimated ship date of 1/21 back when I ordered it, but all it says is order is placed and it’s backordered. Today is 2/3 already. It shows Backorder — Estimated to ship March 25,2022 on website for black color arc!  Will I get my order soon tho? Thanks!

I also ordered the white color sub and the estimated ship date is 2/4. I don’t think they will ship it on that day.

101 replies

I don’t think anyone here has any special insight on Sonos inventory.  Even the Sonos employees who monitor these boards don’t have access to that data.  All anyone can do is give their own opinions and experiences.

However, Sonos has marked down refurbished products recently, which seems odd.  My WAG would be that a big shipment is coming in to the warehouse and they want to make space.

Just some info and take it for what it’s worth. Was in a retail shop called Soundtronics and they do home audio/theater and my builder uses them. I was in yesterday and asked some general questions about getting inventory in regards to the Arc. He said he just got a memo that the black Arc was back ordered until August but could get 20 white arcs. August seemed crazy! 

I took a look at the refurbished Ones (both standard, and SLs) and they were out of stock on both colors for both devices. 

My guess is the international chip shortage is hitting all companies, including Sonos, pretty hard, and there’s a lot of challenge in getting product on the shelves. Must be hurting their profitability quite a bit, to have demand that they can’t satisfy. None of my local Best Buys seem to have much either. 

Badge +1

I ordered my Arc on 12/3 with an estimated ship date of 1/21/22.  The only thing I’ve received is an e-mail on 2/1 saying my order wouldn’t be completed by the original estimated ship date.  Oh really?  Thanks for the update.

Very frustrating.

Badge

I ordered my Arc on 12/3 with an estimated ship date of 1/21/22.  The only thing I’ve received is an e-mail on 2/1 saying my order wouldn’t be completed by the original estimated ship date.  Oh really?  Thanks for the update.

Very frustrating.

That’s crazy! For the sonos one, i just bought it from BestBuy and it shows deliver to me next Tuesday. When I check Sonos homepage, for the white sonos one the estimate ship out date is 2/25. 

At least I will get some thing next week tho. I bought ARC, Sub and 2xone.

wish us luck! I hope we can get what we want soon...

Badge

I took a look at the refurbished Ones (both standard, and SLs) and they were out of stock on both colors for both devices. 

My guess is the international chip shortage is hitting all companies, including Sonos, pretty hard, and there’s a lot of challenge in getting product on the shelves. Must be hurting their profitability quite a bit, to have demand that they can’t satisfy. None of my local Best Buys seem to have much either. 

I bought the Sonos one from Best Buy. It seems it is the only thing they have in stock among the arc, sub and sonos one (SL).

Here in the Uk there seem there no problem with orders.  You can buy most items, no problem.

If you order direct from Sonos they are dispatched from Holland.

Have ordered a number of speakers and a beam 2 and they were delivered within two days. All items show up ‘in stock’  except the Arc. 

Badge

Here in the Uk there seem there no problem with orders.  You can buy most items, no problem.

If you order direct from Sonos they are dispatched from Holland.

Have ordered a number of speakers and a beam 2 and they were delivered within two days. All items show up ‘in stock’  except the Arc. 

I just bought the sonons beam from best buy today and shipped to me same day. If its not what I expect it, I will return it keep waiting for the arc.

The beam 2 is very good, it does me. The Arc is on the next level. Have to say my Sonos System has been rock solid. Switching and grouping  rooms where you want the music to play is vastly superior to the offering which I had before. Yes, very happy.

I ordered my ARC on Jan 4 and knew at that time it was back ordered with shipping Jan 21. I wasn’t happy about it but the reviews have been fantastic and I have bought into the Sonos architecture so it made sense. While I was waiting I ordered the ARC tv bracket from Sonos and installed it. it’s now Feb 10 with no valuable updates on when I should receive the ARC.  I’m disappointed with Sonos not being up front with details on expected shipping. Just tell us the truth so we can stop checking our bank to see if there is a Sonos charge pending. People need to know the real story. I’m discouraged by reading these ARC delays that people dealt with last year on this site so it appears that this has been an ongoing problem. Sonos should be very concerned about their ability to deliver and their reputation. Hoping for good news soon. 

I ordered my ARC on Jan 4 and knew at that time it was back ordered with shipping Jan 21. I wasn’t happy about it but the reviews have been fantastic and I have bought into the Sonos architecture so it made sense. While I was waiting I ordered the ARC tv bracket from Sonos and installed it. it’s now Feb 10 with no valuable updates on when I should receive the ARC.  I’m disappointed with Sonos not being up front with details on expected shipping. Just tell us the truth so we can stop checking our bank to see if there is a Sonos charge pending. People need to know the real story. I’m discouraged by reading these ARC delays that people dealt with last year on this site so it appears that this has been an ongoing problem. Sonos should be very concerned about their ability to deliver and their reputation. Hoping for good news soon. 

In a worldwide pandemic, a worldwide chip shortage, with container ships packed in offshore for 60 miles in every west coast port, and the current and possible future trucking protests, what makes you think Sonos has any control over their supply chain?

Sonos could certainly forewarn the consumer that historically (over the last 18 months +) orders have been delayed significantly. And that it would not be out of the question for the order to be delayed for several months. If Sonos stated that then customer expectations would be acknowledged if they decided to actually follow through on the order. There is no excuse for the lack of transparency. Stating back order with shipping beginning on Jan 21 sets an expectation. Be real! No excuse 

So you want them to make up dates? I’m expecting that what they tell you originally is what they expect, based on the last 18 months, once that date goes past, they’ve got zero confidence in any information being passed to them by the shipping company, so what is it that they should tell you?

I think they’re being as transparent as they can be. Unfortunately, it’s not something that they have much control over. 

Sonos could certainly forewarn the consumer that historically (over the last 18 months +) orders have been delayed significantly. And that it would not be out of the question for the order to be delayed for several months. If Sonos stated that then customer expectations would be acknowledged if they decided to actually follow through on the order. There is no excuse for the lack of transparency. Stating back order with shipping beginning on Jan 21 sets an expectation. Be real! No excuse 

I believe they did state the case, after all your ship date was almost 3 weeks from purchase.  In this highly volatile, highly unpredictable supply chain which has been making headlines for the last year, are you actually holding them to a ship date which already made a clear statement that they were experiencing some type of delay?

You are missing the point! They should be proactive for anyone ordering NOW! That they should be prepared to expect to wait for an extended period before item is available. Transparency will set customer expectations. Simple concept 

You are missing the point! They should be proactive for anyone ordering NOW! That they should be prepared to expect to wait for an extended period before item is available. Transparency will set customer expectations. Simple concept 

Not  missing the point at all, I just don’t know what you want them to do.  Obviously they thought your ship date was accurate.  I know I received my last shipment in December on the very day they listed as ship date.  Of course I ordered it the day after Thanksgiving, a full month before.  So if the ship dates were accurate in Nov/Dec, maybe they had a good idea for Jan/Feb and something went awry?  Do you not agree the supply chain is volatile and unpredictable?

Well I guess you are a lucky one. Good for you. I hope I’m just as fortunate but not feeling optimistic 

Well I guess you are a lucky one. Good for you. I hope I’m just as fortunate but not feeling optimistic 

Well I do know I had no real expectation to get it that day.  I figured a week, 2 weeks either way, given the state of the world.

You’re a special person and so understanding. I think most people still think when they order something that it will be delivered in the time stated or close to it. I’d be happy with a few weeks as well given the state of the world.  😉

A few points here.  First off, I’m not sure Sonos can give  very accurate information on shipping dates for existing orders.  I mean, your Arc is likely sitting on a ship off the coast.  How does Sonos know when that ship will make it to a Port, then get transferred to a truck to their warehouse?  Under normal conditions, they would have a good idea, sure, but I don’t think that’s the case now.  

Secondly, you’re assuming their systems have a way of updating the shipping date on each individual order that is currently backordered based on currently expectations of product brought into their warehouse.  I highly doubt there systems can do that.  That would be a rather complex process to implement, and something that Sonos surely hopes would be completely useless once things settle down.  Really, I would want them to be more focused on getting older orders out first...again, something they likely never had to be concerned about under normal conditions.  I bet they have a FIFO system for inventory, but making sure the first orders get completed first is different, and not something Sonos really had to deal with much before COVID.

Thirdly, would it really make customers who’s shipments are delayed feel any better?  Sure, if you don’t like the updated shipping date, you could cancel your order, but Sonos probably isn’t a fan of that. Especially since it would be a very unreliable number, and the order could end up being shipped sooner than that.  Or it could be later and customer would just be frustrated.   I don’t have anything on order right now, but if/when I do, I’ll just put in the order and settle for a happy surprise when it comes in.

As I mentioned previously! They could be proactive for (new) anyone ordering NOW! That could say that they should be prepared to expect to wait for an extended period before item is available due to supply chain etc.  Transparency will set customer expectations. Simple concept. Obviously won’t help previous orders. 

As I mentioned previously! They could be proactive for (new) anyone ordering NOW! That could say that they should be prepared to expect to wait for an extended period before item is available due to supply chain etc.  Transparency will set customer expectations. Simple concept. Obviously won’t help previous orders. 

So, let me get this straight.  You are asking them to be proactive “NOW!” based on your order from Jan. 4?  If you are basing this on your ship date being wrong on Jan. 4, how do you know Sonos hasn’t adjusted their ship dates “NOW!” to reflect the past problems?  Also, how are they to predict any future problems beyond their control, given the highly volatile, highly unpredictable supply chain which you have seemingly gone out of your way to not acknowledge?

Cracking up over these conversations, it’s too late for my order but I was thinking about setting expectations for future  customers to help them make the best decision that fits their timeline. Bose and other quality vendors have items on the shelf for immediate purchase. Look I’m happy with the Sonos products and have been for well over a decade. I have not only outfitted my home in every room but have done the same for my 3 sons. I’m disappointed but I’m in for the long haul and even if they told me it would be a few months I probably would have made the same decision. I’m eagerly waiting for good news. 👍

Sonos clearly says the date is an estimate. You want them to post a confidence number, or perhaps a graph that shows how accurate their estimates have been in the past  (which would be meaningless)?   Perhaps some text about all the potential bottle necks and delays?  Or something obvious, like the further out the date is, the more things could wrong?

😋that’s wonderful and a giant step in the right direction. Hopefully it’s within a month or so of being correct. Given that for new orders, I am optimistic now that my order will be shipped soon