Old sonos user

I like many others over the years have invested thousands of pounds in sonos. I am completely fed up with sonos removing my ability to get updates deeming  my system archaic, always being asked to upgrade or buy new with 30% discount!.

my sound bar and subwoofer are now in a box in the garage! 

Not good enough Sonos! I invested Thousands in your product to be let down!!!!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Why just your soundbar and Sub? How are they different from your other Sonos speakers?

Should have explained. just purchased new tv with a soundbar as part of the deal, ( LG SL9YG) with Dolby Atmos.

Userlevel 7

I’m assuming you purchased a Sonos Arc and new Sub and just realized they are only compatible with the S2 app. Based on your list of Sonos products on your profile, all of your devices are S2 compatible with the exception of the Connect:Amp and Connect which both COULD be compatible depending on the specific model. Do you know if they are the Gen 1 or Gen 2 models?

Here is the full S2 compatibility list:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786?language=en_US

The only thing compatible is my most recent play 5, I have 3 play 3s, 4 play 1s, 1st gen sound bar and the sub woofer I also have a turntable connected.

The only thing compatible is my most recent play 5, I have 3 play 3s, 4 play 1s, 1st gen sound bar and the sub woofer I also have a turntable connected.

I suggest you read @GuitarSuperstar’s link above.  Every model you have listed - recent Play:5, Play:3, Play:1, Playbar, and Sub are S2 compatible.  None of these require you to run S1, nor has Sonos removed your ability to get updates or deemed your system archaic.  The only units “deemed archaic” (a misnomer because they will continue to work just as they did before) were designed over a decade ago and haven’t been sold in 6 years.