Answered

No communication about order

• 16 July 2022
  • 9 replies

On Jul 10th I placed an order on the sonos website for the “Immersive Set with Arc” package and a 2nd subwoofer. Neither appeared backorder and even now on their website they appear in stock. I did get expedited shipping.

I did not create an account before the order and I used paypal to checkout.

It has now been 5 business days, paypal shows the payment as complete, the  money came out of my account instantly and I have 0 communication from sonos about my order. ( Besides my account confirmation email)

After the order was confirmed the website asked me to create an account, i did and the order does not show up under that accounts order history.

I contacted support via the web chat and apparently they don’t have access to order information?!

Do I rally need to call in to get this resolved or is there someone that can look into this for me? 10am-7pm is very inconvenient for me. For a product with such a premium price tag I had hoped for better support.

icon

Best answer by XanderRD 16 July 2022, 18:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

@NoContactJoe,

Rather than contacting Customer Support, perhaps give their Sales Team a call instead. Here is the link to contact them:

https://support.sonos.com/s/global-sales-help

HTH

Badge +1

Greetings, I understand your concern, I am going through exactly the same situation, I never thought that with the reputation that Sonos has in the market, it would have such an inefficient customer service.

Greetings, I understand your concern, I am going through exactly the same situation, I never thought that with the reputation that Sonos has in the market, it would have such an inefficient customer service.

I think the OP was possibly speaking to Customer Services, when in fact they likely needed to speak to the Sonos Sales Team instead. Who did you speak to in Sales, or did you speak to Customer Services aswell? If so, perhaps try the Sales link posted above. See if that leads to a solution.

Hello, thank you for the responses

I did in fact only speak to customer support but I thought they would be able to do something as simple as look up an order.  Sales is only open on weekdays from 10 AM to 7 PM. There is nothing I can do until Monday now.

Update on the situation. The subwoofer arrived today and sat on my doorstep for 5 hours because I didn't know it was coming. Thankfully it was there when I got home.

The attached packing slip had a customer number and a po number, neither of which pulled up anything under the sonos order tracking tool. I guess I will wait for the rest of it to arrive

Badge +1

good evening colleague I have a question, your order was sent without notifying you via mail or simply they did not send you the tracking number? Another thing, how is the status of your order, sent or preparing to send?

The attached packing slip had a customer number and a po number, neither of which pulled up anything under the sonos order tracking tool. I guess I will wait for the rest of it to arrive

I think that SONOS recently installed a “new improved” order processing system that still needs some tuning.

In the US SONOS has been using FedEx or UPS to ship boxes to me. I have accounts with both and the shipping service will notify me when a shipment is out for delivery and on delivery, regardless of any action by the shipper. I can still be blindsided if the notification of “out for delivery” arrives after I’ve left the house in the morning. Fortunately, in my area there are not too many “entrepreneurs” who follow the delivery trucks. But, there are too many cases where the box is delivered to the wrong house.

I actually have notifications setup with fedex and UPS. I went back and checked my cameras. Fedex delivered the item, all my information was correct on the label but Fedex never sent me a notification and its not in my shipment history.

Another update on the situation. I filed a paypal claim against Sonos after further attempts to reach them failed.

That got me a response right away as expected. Someone reached out and told me the other item was delayed, there was an error with my email in their system and they would personally be taking care of the order. 

I noticed the kit I bought went on backorder now until the end of August. I asked the person who reached out for an update and told them if the expected delivery date was august to just cancel the order. 

I sent that email on Tuesday. No reply yet.

This is honestly comical at this point. Worst buying experience in decades. 

Update. Still no response to my repeated attempts to cancel the order. Looks like I’ll be waiting until the 7th when paypal will close in my favor because Sonos has not bothered responding to them yet.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I ordered 2 amps on 7/8, supposed to be delivered 8/26.  That date still listed, even though it is now 10/10.  Sales just told me earliest possible is 11/30.  When told these amps are available from Amazon, sales said those amps come from a different source.  Obviously, they come from the same Sonos factory or sub-contractor.  Sonos has decided to continue selling to new customers rather than servicing their old customers.  If this had been what Sonos was like in 2008 when I first began with them, I would never have continued.  Very disappointing.