Need Advice for Home Theater Setup in a 16x18 Room (surrounds? era 100 vs 300?)

• 11 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of upgrading my home theater setup, and I could use some advice from the experts here. My entertainment room is approximately 16 feet by 18 feet, with the sofa and TV positioned along the two 18 feet walls. I'm planning to take advantage of the Black Friday deals to purchase an arc + sub combo, but I'm uncertain about whether I should also invest in surrounds.

Since the surround speakers would be placed on either side of the sofa within the same plane, I'm wondering if this setup would yield the optimal audio experience. I'd love to hear your opinions on this. Additionally, if I decide to go for surrounds, would the era100 be sufficient for enjoying Dolby Atmos, or is it essential to go for the era 300?

Your insights and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Moderator Note: Moved topic as requested by user.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @EchoJ, welcome to Sonos Community!

I’m personally using a Sonos Arc, a Sonos Sub and two Sonos One’s as surrounds for my home theatre setup and I am very satisfied with the performance of the surrounds.

I would recommend purchase directly from Sonos.com, that way you can test the Sonos Era 100 as surrounds and if not satisfied, you can use our return policy and then try the Sonos Era 300’s (or vise-versa).

My response put your thread back on the top of the activity list, maybe other Community users can provide you with their opinion.

I hope this helps.