Answered

Music through a Beam Surround Set

• 7 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, I am thinking of buying a beam 5.1 surround set (beam, 2x one sl and sub) for my TV and general music. If I set this up to all come on with my tv, can I use a voice command to play music through this without the tv?

Then if possible, how difficult is it to play music with the beam off?

And how difficult is it to configure the two one sl’s to play loud music rather than background surround sound?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 March 2021, 01:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, you can use a voice assistant to play music through your Beam without the TV being on.

The Beam is never completely off. You can easily play music to the Beam using a voice assistant or through the Sonos app.

You can set your One SLs to full mode to play music at full volume through the surround speakers. When watching TV or movies, the surround volume is dependent on the source. But you can adjust the surrounds levels in the Sonos app.

Sounds perfect for what I want then. Thanks GuitarSuperstar. I guess I can always upgrade and get a 5 or two if I need down there track :)